Monday, December 4, 2017

My Friend and Her Trumpet



Hello My Fellow Americans, 

^ Tribute to my main man, President Obama

You know what's great? Seeing someone you love doing something they love. 

This past Monday, I attended the Brass Ensemble performances to see my wonderful friend, THE Kate Carter, play her trumpet. (Other students and instruments were also featured, and they deserve praise as well. Good game, guys and gals!) Now, this concert has been very much anticipated on my part. I've heard many stories about Kate's high school concerts, and I've experienced the pain of losing her to hours of rehearsal everyday. So I was really expecting something great, and she did not disappoint. 

My favorite piece was "Bugler's Holiday" by Leroy Anderson. Kate's part was the prettiest. I don't exactly have any musical analysis for that statement, but I could feel it and hear it.

Pictured below, you will see I was lucky enough to get her autograph. Note also: her name is printed wrong. It's **Katherine** for future notice.





Seeing this performance and hearing all the holiday music also dredged up some nostalgia for my experiences in high school choir and orchestra. As soon as the tubas began an arrangement of an  "Adagio for Strings", I ached for my cello. I still regularly listen to string music when I'm stressed or driving or studying. It will be a part of me forever. 

Perhaps that is something I will pick up again one day, but for now, I am just happy to have such a talented friend to bring me Christmas joy. 


I sign off now to write a few more posts on other subjects! 

Maddie 




No comments:

Post a Comment